Eligible originating sites:
- The office of a physician or practitioner;
- Critical Access Hospitals;
- Rural Health Clinics;
- Federally Qualified Health Centers;
- Federal telehealth demonstration project sites.
In addition, originating sites must be located in one of the following:
- A federally designated Rural Health Professional Shortage Area;
- A county outside of a Metropolitan Statistical Area;
- An entity that participates in a federal telemedicine demonstration project.
Source: Code of HI Rules 17-1737. – Law passed & state plan amendment accepted prohibiting this limitation, however still the prohibiting language is still present in regulation.
Approved state plan amendment authorizes HI Medicaid to remove geographic and originating site requirements.